Archive for ◊ June, 2011 ◊
Usually, you may find that the software names always accroding with some abbrs like OEM version, beta4 version , sp6 version and so on when they are released by the software devenelopers. Because my work often come into this kind of knowledge, so I have collected a list which talk about the most common abbreviations for various software version. And here I’d like to share this list with you.
1. Alpha Edtion（internal beta): The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the ancient Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, software generally only run in the development company but not open to the public. It mainly used by the devenloper to test their software, check whether the program is defective or error and verify that if the product functions and specifications issame with the user manuals. Alpha version still need to complete functional testing, what’s more the product function has not improved. However, it can be uased to meet the general requirements.
Alpha software will usually be sent to the organization or community development in the various software testers, for internal testing. In the market, more and more companies will invite external customers or partners in the Alpha testing phase of their products. This makes the software testing more properly.
In this phase, developers generally test the software using white box techniques. Other tests will be tested at a later time performed using black box or gray box techniques by another testing team, but sometimes at the same time.
2. Beta Version (external beta):Beta is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.
Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organisation and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access.
3. Demo Version (demo): It mainly used by the developments to present part of the software function, users can learn the basic operation of the software. It can help to expand its influence and enhance the sales. If this is a game, some functions could be restrict. This version can be download freely online.
4. Enhanced Version (Plus or Enhanced Version): Enhanced Edition add some useful new features of the official version. If this is a enhanced version of game is generally referred to as “enhanced version” by adding some new game scenarios and game plot and so on. This version is also the official version on sale.
5. Free Edition (free version): This is usually an individual or a member of the Free Software Union organization making software, free for everyone to use, no copyright, is generally download through the Internet.
6. Full Version Version (full version): is the official version, the final version of the official sale.
7. Shareware Version (shared version): Some companies in order to attract customers for their production to allow users to get a free download. However, this software version will be with some use restrictions, but users can use the online registration or e-register upgrade to official version. Windows Password Breaker also have shareware version for users to perform Windows password recovery.
There are many challenges during life time, but there are more ways to work all those issues out, all you need to do is just look around and find yourself a way to walk out them. And this time, get yourself aefficient way to create strong and but easy to forgot Windows passwords.
In an effort to not forget them, people may use simple things like their dog’s name, their son’s first name and birth date, the name of the current month- anything that will give them a clue to remember what their password is. But by this way, there is a lot of curious hacker who have some tech also should hack our PC by trying all of those passwords out at the sametime.
To create a strong password that is easy for you to remember, follow these simple steps:
Do not use personal information. You should never use personal information as a part of your password. It is very easy for someone to guess things like your last name, pet’s name, child’s birth date and other similar details.
Do not use real words. There are tools available to help attackers guess your password. With today’s computing power, it doesn’t take long to try every word in the dictionary and find your password, so it is best if you do not use real words for your password.
In Windows PC you have to enter a password in order to log in to Windows. This is to protect your PC from Unauthorized access by others. If you are only the one using your computer every time when you start Windows computer need to to enter the password to log in. This becomes very irritating. So here is how to log in to Windows 7/Vista/XP without entering any user name or password. From now on you not need to worry about forgot Windows password or Windows password reset problems.
Skip, disable or turn off Windows 7/Vista/XP password protection, so that you can automatically logon to Windows 7/Vista/XP without rntering any user name orpassword.
Login Automatically in Windows 7/Vista by using “netplwiz”
1. Open the RUN window (Press Windows+R)->type “netplwiz” and press Enter. Select “Continue” if the UAC pop-ups.
There is a lot of articles, solutions and tips for Windows password reset on my blog. Today, I’d like to show you a how-to about resetting a Linux user password on a computer for which you have no root password.
The simplicity of this hack demonstrates that any Operating System (Including MacOS, Unix, Windows XP/2000/Vista), can be compromised simply if the user has physical access to the computer.
- Boot the computer with the KNOPPER CD.
Choose the default startup options. Once Knoppix has loaded, press CTRL-ALT-F3. If knoppix fails to boot the gui properly, you can still access the console with CTRL-ALT-F4. The console is sufficient for our needs. You will see a prompt that looks like this:
Use the following command: